Brains and bodies are divine things, open to being changed and healed in positive ways. Incorporating simple and fun drills into your hoop playtime will most definitely help you to improve your skills, strengthen your muscles and unlock new patterns in your brain that level up your coordination and balance. This week I am sharing a drill that is ideal for any level of hooper. It is a great warm up for the hands, wrists and arms and with daily practice will help you to really define your twin planes so you create neat patterns and crisp shapes with your twin hoops.
All it takes is 2.5 minutes but will give you rich results. Oh yes! 5 moves, work up to 30 seconds for each move.
Check out the break down of the 5 moves in slow mo then watch the full length video at the bottom of this blog.
Twin hoop tips:
– find matching hoops that are not too heavy and feel good to play and be creative with
– don’t let the hoops take over, stay present in your posture, relax into the moves
– accept that it can take time to find your left and right coordination
– never hoop on bruises
– make sure you warm up and stretch
– play with shapes and patterns
– watch yourself in a mirror if possible
– off body twin hooping is not just about your arms and hands, it is a full body experience. Sometimes you need to bounce and pulse in your body to keep the beat of two hoops moving. Play with rhythmic body movements.