- having a great deal of money or assets; wealthy:
- existing in plentiful quantities; abundant:
- producing a large quantity of something:
- (of a colour, sound, smell, etc.) pleasantly deep or strong:
- interesting because full of variety
- informal (of a remark) causing ironic amusement or indignation
We are on this gorgeous planet to live a rich and full life. Many peeps have differing interpretations of what that means exactly.
Whether you are Warren Buffet, Richard Branson or Oprah Winfrey, a traveling Yogini, backpacking busker or soul searching squatter, there are key guides to living life full and happy with or without no.1 on the Oxford definition of Rich.
Being rich, however you define it, is for the most part how you think, feel and take action.
So here are 100 ways you can live RICH!
In no particular order of course, some of these will make you rich, some will make your richer!
1. Understand what success really means for YOU.
2. Walk on the Earth with bare feet, often.
3. People watch.
4. Be persistent.
5. Be patient.
6. Draw; whether you believe it is good art or not.
7. Go for walks.
8. Write. Everyday. Your dreams, goals, lunch order, a love letter. Use your hands and heart.
9. Be OK with being different.
10. Drink water, lots of it.
“We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. Give yourself a break.
12. Smile; often.
13. Take note of the small things.
14. Focus your energy on the big, bold and bright things.
15. Play with friends, family, animals, children.
16. Laugh; at yourself.
17. Sing out loud.
18. Say Please and Thank you.
19. Say what you mean.
20. Dance; anyway you can.
“Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.” Sholom Aleichem
21. Make yourself happy. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others.
22. Empower yourself with specific skills. Get your niche ON.
23. Live NOW
24. If you can’t live in the now live in the future and dream BIG, really big. Bigger than that!
25. Lay out a plan, step by step, to reach your goals.
26. Do not fear abundance, it is all around.
27. Do what you love, endlessly. Find ways to get “paid” for it.
28. Be up for a challenge.
29. Learn from every success and every failure, great or small.
“Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.” -Wayne Dyer
32. Build community.
33. Find peace of mind in wealth and abundance of all kinds.
34. Learn new things, feverishly. Be a learner, fill your cup, acquire new knowledge.
35. Be present with others who are prepared to meet you there.
36. Ask for what you want.
38. Drop the “money is evil” mentality.
39. Believe in the power of abundance.
40. Eat the finest, freshest, healthiest food you can afford. Organic may seem expensive but ill health and doctors visits will cost you a fortune.
“Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.”- Epicurus
41. Watch your small expenses, they add up. This does not just apply to your financial expenses.
42. Grow vegetables, plant a tree, pick flowers.
43. Help your neighbours.
44. Turn your music up.
45. Enjoy silence at least once a day.
46. Surround yourself with like minded creatives who energise you and propel you towards greatness.
47. Look around while you are walking.
48. Ask for help.
49. Take a different route every now and then.
50. Expect miracles.
“Expect your every need to be met. Expect the answer to every problem, expect abundance on every level.” -Eileen Caddy
51. Do good things for other people, strangers included.
52. Devour books. Soak up stories. Live for literature.
53. Take notes.
55. Travel. Anywhere, anyhow. To the park on a bicycle, to Vladivostok on the Trans-Siberian Railway.
56. Embrace uncertainty, find comfort in it.
57. Relish the taste, colour and smells of your favourite foods/places.
58. Know your strengths.
59. Take photographs of things you admire and love.
60. Be everything you can be.
“When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears” – Tony Robbins
61. Tell people how much you love, admire and appreciate them.
62. Let go of all that limits you. It is easier than you think.
63. Know your values. Know when they get in your way.
64. Shift habits that hold you back.
65. Schedule it. Pencil it in. Make it real.
66. Take big steps, real steps towards your goals every day. Yes, every day!
67. Say yes.
68. Say NO.
69. Find balance. On the mat, in your head, on the Earth, in your living. But recognise it won’t always be easy.
70. Take notes.
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” – Marthe Troly-Curtin
71. Go on treasure hunts.
72. Exhibit your art.
73. Teach someone something.
74. Have a sense of wonder.
75. Blow bubbles, sprinkle sparkles, skip, HULA HOOP!
76. Clean out your wardrobe, desk drawer, kitchen pantry. Get someone to help you and make it fun!
77. Invest in yourself.
78. Start a revolution.
“Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
81. Breathe with intention.
82. Watch what you say, how you say it and who you say it to.
83. Be honest.
84. Write letters of appreciation to people in your community your admire.
85. Be a great leader.
86. Chew your food.
89. Sponsor or support local businesses that are making the world a better place. If there are none, gather some friends and start one.
90. Adopt. An animal, a more positive approach, a child, a cop…
“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama XIV
91. Get involved.
92. Challenge the norm, questions the fears.
93. Look through a high powered telescope, binoculars, a child’s eyes, rose coloured glasses regularly; broaden your perspective.
94. Spend time in nature, as often as you can.
95. Step outside your comfort zone.
96. Move your body in new ways.
97. Educate yourself about where your food is coming from and what is in it.
98. Know that you can have it all (when you decide what ALL is)
99. Finish what you start, unless it is not worth finishing. In that case erase it and move on.
100. Tell stories and listen to others.
What is your definition of rich?
What do you do to fill your life with abundance?
Share this post with someone who could use some good fortune in their life!